eXp Realty, a cloud-based real estate brokerage and subsidiary of eXp World Holdings, on Monday announced exceeding 85,000 real estate agents worldwide. This marks a 30% increase compared to the 65,286 agents it had in October 2021.
The company attributes some of its growth to “top-producing” teams from across the country that joined eXp in the last year.
One of those is the Lawson Team serving the Utah-based Park City area, led by David Lawson. The team moved from Engel & Völkers, when Lawson said he realized it was his name and agents which generated the business and not the brokerage.
Houston, Texas-based Ige Johnson Group moved 35 out of their 50 top-producing agents from RE/MAX to eXp Realty. The brokerage closed $93 million in 397 transactions in 2021. In a statement, the company said Ige Johnson sold her RE/MAX franchise because she could not “unsee” eXp’s model.
That model includes a competitive compensation package, cloud-based technology, mentorship, training, and networking opportunities for its agents.
Ohio-based Incorvaia Team, led by Sylvia Incorvaia, left Keller Williams after 16 years and joined eXp Realty in September. The team, which closed $219 million over 731 transactions in 2021 moved 31 agents to eXp.
“Our competitive commission structure, unique revenue share opportunity and stock incentives are not only attractive, but they are also helping our agents grow their businesses in a challenging real estate market,” said Glenn Sanford, the founder, chairman and CEO of eXp World Holdings, in a statement.
Other teams which moved to eXp Realty this year include:
- Six agents from North Carolina-based Davis & Main Real Estate (March), which closed 102 transactions worth $36 million in 2021
- 17 agents from the Pennsylvania-based Don Wenner Team (March), which closed on 2,610 transactions for over $550 million in 2021
- 20 agents from the California-based Millennial Realty (April) which closed 167 transactions worth $63 million in 2021
- 13 members from the Georgia-based Market House Partners (April) which closed 153 transactions worth $40 million in 2021
- 23 agents from the Allison Real Estate Group (May), which closed $76 million in 176 transactions in 2021
- 25 agents from the Washington-based Live Well Home Group (May), which closed 200 transactions for over $100 million since September 2021
- 20 agents from the Nevada-based Knight Real Estate Group (May) which closed 390 transactions for $150 million in 2021
- 16 agents from the Virginia-based Gillies Team Real Estate (June), which closed 246 transactions for $117 million in 2021
- 10 members from the Texas-based The Meals Team (August), which closed 190 transactions for $53 million in 2021
- Eight members from the Pennsylvania-based Justin Watson Team (September), which closed 125 transactions for $22 million in 2021, and
- Seven agents from the Quebec, Canada-based GROUPE Elite Arseneault Team (September), which closed almost 400 transactions in 2021.
The brokerage is also continuing its global expansion with its recent entrance into Poland, marking its 24th global market. It is working on opening an office in Dubai and its other markets are based in Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, India, Mexico, France, Puerto Rico, Brazil, and Dominican Republic, among others.