Being successful in real estate is all about building a great team. That was the key message from AREC 2018 across a range of speakers who have either succeeded by empowering and inspiring those around them or who coach agents to scale their businesses to be more than just themselves.
The conference had a slightly different vibe this year. While past conferences have focused on personal growth and motivation, this year was all about knuckling down. With a speaker lineup that boasted top coaches who had all to a man presented at AREC on multiple occasions before, there were few surprises or insights. Rather, it was that growth is hard work. It takes commitment, structure, discipline, getting over your own ego and thinking about the collective.
Let’s unpack it. United States super coach Tom Ferry said there were five qualities of high growth businesses:
- Fully operationalize their mission and values
- They commit to out-innovate and out-market their competition
- Rapid and succinct decision-making process – speed
- They operate from a long view vs just a short view of their business
- They charged their teams with finding sustainable ways to grow the business – to create repeatable and scalable growth.